VCloud Interactive, LLC, does not collect personal information or personal identifiable information from our website visitors except for necessary cookies to make our website work.
At VCloud, we are committed to protecting your privacy and providing you with the most powerful and secure online experience. You can browse through most of this website (this “Site”) without giving us any information about yourself.
VCloud Interactive, LLC. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“VCloud”, “we”, “us”, “our”) provide this Site subject to this Privacy Notice. By accessing and using the Site, you accept and agree to this Privacy Notice.
Use of Your Information
By using the Site, you consent to the collection of necessary information, not necessarily personal information or personal identifiable information, when you use our website. We may use your information for the following purposes:
- To proceed with your registration and to make the Site easier for you to use by not requiring you to enter your information more than once;
- To deliver services or products that you request, purchase, or download;
- To help you quickly find products, services, or information;
- To notify you of product upgrades, special offers, updated information, and new services via email, phone, chat or other means;
- To respond to inquiries or to communicate with you, such as through welcome messages, newsletters, or direct marketing;
- To facilitate participation in our online communities;
- To perform market research or to conduct surveys unless you have requested that we not contact you for this purpose;
- To personalize the user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested;
- To send periodic emails, calls, or chats regarding your order or other products and services;
- To enhance our marketing and to improve our Site, services, and products;
- To consider you for employment, if you have provided information for such purpose; or
- To comply with legal requirements and to prevent activities that may violate our policies.
By using the Site, you consent to our use of your information for these purposes, among other purposes as may deem fit by VCloud Interactive, LLC.
Sharing of Your Information
We will not disclose your personal information outside of VCloud except in limited circumstances, such as:
- We may share your personal information with other VCloud companies and our business partners when necessary in order to support the uses mentioned above.
- We may hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering purchases or postal mail, answering customer questions about products or services, and processing event registration. We will provide those companies with only the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
- We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary (i) to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us, (ii) to protect and defend the rights or property of VCloud, or (iii) to act in exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
- In the event that VCloud, or any portion thereof, is sold, transferred, merged, financed, or dissolved, in whole or in part, your personal information that we may possess may be sold, transferred, or otherwise disclosed as part of the transaction or proceeding, unless you instruct us not to do so.
- We may use a third-party service to host our online communities or to provide website analytics. We may also hire third parties to collect data or may purchase data from third parties, including renting email address lists for use in email campaigns. We will provide the same security and management options as set forth herein for data collected from our Site, phone system, chat, social media, support portal, or other system. However, you may encounter links to third-party sites (e.g., business partners) and, although a connection may be made to such sites, we are not responsible for their privacy policies and this Privacy Notice does not cover their practices.
Control of Your Information
When you provide personal information to us, under exceptional instances, we will not share that information with third parties without your permission, other than in circumstances referred to above. We may send out important notices informing you of changes to our policies, technical service issues related to a product or service, or other information that is essential to the use of our Site, services, and products.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on the Website may include embedded content (e.g. videos, charts, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor had visited the other website.
Rights for California Consumers
Information We Collect as a Business Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”)
We do not collect personal information, meaning information that identifies, relates to, references, describes, or is capable of being associated with, or could be reasonably linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or device.
For the purposes of this CA Notice, personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records.
- Deidentified, aggregated or anonymized information that is maintained in a form that is not capable of being associated with or linked to a consumer.
We do not collect personal information from and about consumers for a variety of business purposes.
Purposes for Collecting Personal Information
We may collect, use or disclose personal information about you for one or more of the following business and/or commercial purposes:
- To provide the requested services to you;
- To provide you with useful content;
- To ensure the proper functioning of our services;
- To offer and improve our services;
- To provide you with requested information or technical support;
- To facilitate your movement through our websites or your use of our services;
- To do a better job of advertising and marketing our services (subject to your consent where required by applicable law);
- To advertise and market third party products and services (subject to your consent where required by applicable law);
- To diagnose problems with our servers or our services;In connection with our security and compliance programs;
- To administer our websites;
- To communicate with you;
- To target current or prospective customers with our products or services through online advertisements served on third-party sites by third-party vendors, such as Google (subject to your consent where required by applicable law); and
- To assist us in offering you a personalized experience or otherwise tailor our services to you.
Your California Privacy Rights As a California resident
You may be able to exercise the following rights with respect to your personal information that we have collected, subject to certain exceptions:
The Right to Know you have the right to request any or all of the following information relating to your personal information we have collected and disclosed in the last 12 months, upon our verification of your identity:
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- The categories of sources of your personal information;
- The categories of personal information that we have disclosed to third parties for a business purpose, and the categories of recipients to whom this information was disclosed;
- The categories of personal information we have sold about you (if any), and the categories of third parties to whom the information was sold; and
- The business or commercial purposes for collecting or, if applicable, selling the personal information.
These are your rights:
- The Right to Request Deletion
- The Right to Opt Out of the Sale of your Personal Information
- The Right to Non-Discrimination
How to Exercise Your California Consumer Rights
Although our website does not collect any of your personal information, you may exercise your California Consumer Rights by submitting a request to us by:
- Calling the toll free phone number or clicking the “contact us” link located on the homepage for the products or services you receive from us; or
- sending an email to email@example.com.
If you’d like to opt-out of the sale of personal information, please click Cookie Settings to update your Cookie Settings.
We will need to verify your identity before processing your request. In order to verify your identity, we will generally require the matching of sufficient information you provide us to the information we maintain about you in our systems. If you are using an authorized agent, please note that you will be required to verify your identity and provide written confirmation that you have authorized the agent to make a request on your behalf.
For requests to access or delete, we may require you to verify your identity directly with us, and directly confirm with us that you provided the authorized agent permission to submit the request.
VCloud as a Service Provider
VCloud does not act as a service provider to any of our website visitors unless otherwise provided by contractual stipulations. If you are an end user of one of our clients whose personal information we process and you are seeking to exercise your rights under the CCPA, you should contact our client directly.
If you are a California resident, you may have certain rights. California law may permit you to request that we:
- Provide you the categories of personal information we have collected or disclosed about you in the last twelve months;
- the categories of sources of such information;
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information; and
- the categories of third parties with whom we shared personal information.
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we hold about you.
Delete certain information we have about you.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before responding to a request, which may include, at a minimum, depending on the sensitivity of the information you are requesting and the type of request you are making, verifying your name, email address, and physical address.
You are also permitted to designate an authorized agent to submit certain requests on your behalf. In order for an authorized agent to be verified, you must provide the authorized agent with signed, written permission to make such requests or a power of attorney. We may also follow up with you to verify your identity before processing the authorized agent’s request.
You also have the right to not be discriminated against (as provided for in applicable law) for exercising certain of your rights. Certain information may be exempt from such requests under applicable law. We need certain types of information so that we can provide the Services to you. If you ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use the Services.
Security of Your Information
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information and we honor your choices for its intended use. We have implemented the appropriate safeguards to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. For example, your personal information is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access. We make good faith efforts to provide the security measures necessary to keep the integrity and confidentiality of your information safe. However, no system can be completely secure and we do not guarantee that our security measures are impenetrable.
You also have a significant role in protecting your information. As an example, you should not share your password with anyone. If you believe that your password has been compromised, you should immediately change your password.
Cookies and Other Mechanisms
A cookie is placed on your machine (if you accept cookies) or is read if you have visited our Site previously. All of this is done in accordance with applicable laws. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
Web beacons, also known as clear gif technology, or action tags, assist in delivering the cookie. This technology tells us how many visitors clicked on key elements (such as links or graphics) While using the Site, we do not use this technology to access your personally identifiable information on the Site; it is a tool we use to compile aggregated statistics about Site usage. We may share aggregated Site statistics with our business partners but do not allow other companies to place clear gifs on the Site.
To ensure we are creating and publishing relevant content, we may use information collected from cookies and other mechanisms. We may use this information in aggregated form and use site-visitation statistics to improve our sites. If you choose to not have your browser accept cookies from our Site, you will be able to view the text on the screens, however, you will not experience a personalized visit or to subscribe to the service offerings on our Site.
Type of Cookies Description Manage Settings
- Required Cookies: Required cookies are necessary for basic website functionality. If you have provided your identity, we may place a cookie in your browser that identifies you when accessing our site. Because required cookies are essential to operate the websites, there is no option to opt out of these cookies.
- Functional Cookies: Functional cookies enhance functions, performance, and services on the website. Some examples include: cookies used to analyze site traffic, cookies used for market research. Functional cookies may also be used to improve how our websites function and to help us provide you with more relevant communications, including marketing communications. These cookies collect information about how our websites are used, including which pages are viewed most often. We may use our own technology or third-party technology to track and analyze usage information to provide enhanced interactions and more relevant communications, and to track the performance of our advertisements. (See Google Adwords above, for example.) You can choose to opt out of functional cookies when accessing the site. You may also control cookies via browser settings.
- Advertising Cookies: Advertising cookies track activity of the user across various websites in order to collect user interests and direct marketing. We sometimes use advertising cookies (from VCloud and from third parties) to show ads on your device and to track the effectiveness of ads.You can choose to opt out of functional cookies when accessing the site. You may also control cookies via browser settings.
Transfer of Your Information Across Borders
Your information may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which VCloud or its vendors maintain facilities. By using our Site, you consent to any transfer, storage, or processing of information outside of your country. Several countries, including those in the European Economic Area, have established data protection laws and regulations that place restrictions on the transfer of personal information across country borders. If you are located outside the United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to the United States and process it there. We are committed to complying with all of those laws and regulations. However, when you use our Site and provide such personal information, you should do so in compliance with the applicable data protection laws and regulations in your country.
VCloud may update and make changes to the Privacy Notice at any time. When we do so, we will also revise the date at the bottom of the first page of the Privacy Notice.
The Site is not intended for use by individuals under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal data from nor send requests for personal data to individuals under the age of 13.
Last Updated: July 2022