VCloud Interactive, LLC. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (“VCloud”, “we”, “us”, “our”) provide this Site subject to this Privacy Notice. By accessing and using the Site, you accept and agree to this Privacy Notice. If you do not agree to this Privacy Notice, please do not use the Site.
Your Rights Under GDPR
If you are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, GDPR rights may be available to you.
Information We Collect about You
VCloud is committed to protecting your privacy. So you should be aware that we may collect information about you through your use of our Site. Some of the information we collect may personally identify you. For example:
- You may provide registration information, such as your username, first and last name, mailing address, email address, language preference, country, and occupation, when using the Site to purchase or register a product, download software, participate in an online community or event, or subscribe to a newsletter. When registering a product, we may store your registration information along with any information you have provided during previous visits as part of your personal profile.
- You may provide information in our online communities, such as posts or comments. This may occur when you invite others to join an online community or when you share a post or blog. For example, you may provide names and email addresses when sharing a post.
- You may provide transaction information when using the Site (e.g., purchasing or registering a product or requesting information), including your name, billing address, and payment information. Location, IP address, domain, browser, viewing data, and other information may be collected as a part of our analysis of your use of our Site.
- You may provide your resume (work history, contact information, education history, etc.) for consideration for employment.
Use of Your Information
By using the Site, you consent to our collection of your information. We may use your information for the following purposes:
- To proceed with your registration and to make the Site easier for you to use by not requiring you to enter your information more than once;
- To deliver services or products that you request, purchase, or download;
- To help you quickly find products, services, or information;
- To notify you of product upgrades, special offers, updated information, and new services via email, phone, chat or other means;
- To respond to inquiries or to communicate with you, such as through welcome messages, newsletters, or direct marketing;
- To facilitate participation in our online communities;
- To perform market research or to conduct surveys unless you have requested that we not contact you for this purpose;
- To personalize the user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested;
- To send periodic emails, calls, or chats regarding your order or other products and services;
- To enhance our marketing and to improve our Site, services, and products;
- To consider you for employment, if you have provided information for such purpose; or
- To comply with legal requirements and to prevent activities that may violate our policies.
By using the Site, you consent to our use of your information for these purposes.
Sharing of Your Information
We will not disclose your personal information outside of VCloud except in limited circumstances, such as:
- We may share your personal information with other VCloud companies and our business partners when necessary in order to support the uses mentioned above.
- We may hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including packaging, mailing and delivering purchases or postal mail, answering customer questions about products or services, and processing event registration. We will provide those companies with only the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
- We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary (i) to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on us, (ii) to protect and defend the rights or property of VCloud, or (iii) to act in exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
- In the event that VCloud, or any portion thereof, is sold, transferred, merged, financed, or dissolved, in whole or in part, your personal information that we may possess may be sold, transferred, or otherwise disclosed as part of the transaction or proceeding, unless you instruct us not to do so.
- We may use a third-party service to host our online communities or to provide website analytics. We may also hire third parties to collect data or may purchase data from third parties, including renting email address lists for use in email campaigns. We will provide the same security and management options as set forth herein for data collected from our Site, phone system, chat, social media, support portal, or other system. However, you may encounter links to third-party sites (e.g., business partners) and, although a connection may be made to such sites, we are not responsible for their privacy policies and this Privacy Notice does not cover their practices.
Control of Your Information
When you provide personal information to us, we will not share that information with third parties without your permission, other than in circumstances referred to above. We may send out important notices informing you of changes to our policies, technical service issues related to a product or service, or other information that is essential to the use of our Site, services, and products.
Access to Your Information
We make good faith efforts to provide you with access so you can edit or update your personal information. You may have the ability to view or edit some of your personal information online. Profiles created on our sites may be kept at different locations for different services; so you may have to review and update the information in multiple locations. You may review and update this information or request deletions of any and all of your personal information at any time by contacting us through our website.
Note to California Residents: California Civil Code Section 1798.83 allows California residents to request information regarding disclosure of personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please contact through our website. We do not sell personal information.
Security of Your Information
We are committed to protecting the security of your personal information and we honor your choices for its intended use. We have implemented the appropriate safeguards to protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction. For example, your personal information is stored in password-controlled servers with limited access. We make good faith efforts to provide the security measures necessary to keep the integrity and confidentiality of your information safe. However, no system can be completely secure and we do not guarantee that our security measures are impenetrable.
You also have a significant role in protecting your information. As an example, you should not share your password with anyone. If you believe that your password has been compromised, you should immediately change your password.
Cookies and Other Mechanisms
A cookie is placed on your machine (if you accept cookies) or is read if you have visited our Site previously. All of this is done in accordance with applicable laws. You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser’s Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies.
Web beacons, also known as clear gif technology, or action tags, assist in delivering the cookie. This technology tells us how many visitors clicked on key elements (such as links or graphics) While using the Site, we do not use this technology to access your personally identifiable information on the Site; it is a tool we use to compile aggregated statistics about Site usage. We may share aggregated Site statistics with our business partners but do not allow other companies to place clear gifs on the Site.
To ensure we are creating and publishing relevant content, we may use information collected from cookies and other mechanisms. We may use this information in aggregated form and use site-visitation statistics to improve our sites. If you choose to not have your browser accept cookies from our Site, you will be able to view the text on the screens, however, you will not experience a personalized visit or to subscribe to the service offerings on our Site.
Type of Cookies Description Manage Settings
- Required Cookies: Required cookies are necessary for basic website functionality. If you have provided your identity, we may place a cookie in your browser that identifies you when accessing our site. Because required cookies are essential to operate the websites, there is no option to opt out of these cookies.
- Functional Cookies: Functional cookies enhance functions, performance, and services on the website. Some examples include: cookies used to analyze site traffic, cookies used for market research. Functional cookies may also be used to improve how our websites function and to help us provide you with more relevant communications, including marketing communications. These cookies collect information about how our websites are used, including which pages are viewed most often. We may use our own technology or third-party technology to track and analyze usage information to provide enhanced interactions and more relevant communications, and to track the performance of our advertisements. (See Google Adwords above, for example.) You can choose to opt out of functional cookies when accessing the site. You may also control cookies via browser settings.
- Advertising Cookies: Advertising cookies track activity of the user across various websites in order to collect user interests and direct marketing. We sometimes use advertising cookies (from VCloud and from third parties) to show ads on your device and to track the effectiveness of ads.You can choose to opt out of functional cookies when accessing the site. You may also control cookies via browser settings.
Transfer of Your Information Across Borders
Your information may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which VCloud or its vendors maintain facilities. By using our Site, you consent to any transfer, storage, or processing of information outside of your country. Several countries, including those in the European Economic Area, have established data protection laws and regulations that place restrictions on the transfer of personal information across country borders. If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there. We are committed to complying with all of those laws and regulations. However, when you use our Site and provide such personal information, you should do so in compliance with the applicable data protection laws and regulations in your country.
VCloud may update and make changes to the Privacy Notice at any time. When we do so, we will also revise the date at the bottom of the first page of the Privacy Notice. When we make material changes to the Privacy Notice, we will notify you by placing prominent notice on the Site.
The Site is not intended for use by individuals under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal data from nor send requests for personal data to individuals under the age of 13.
Last Updated: 02/22/2021